[Javascript] Wrestling with DOM access (artificial attributes, IE vs Firefox vs Safari)

Massimo Foti massimo at amila.ch
Mon Aug 8 02:42:24 CDT 2005

> I'm trying to find a more browser-neutral way to access artificial
> attributes I've attached to blocks in my HTML than...

You could put your custom attributes inside a different namespace. Currently
W3C's validator doesn't understand them, but they are 100% valid.

I do this for a form validation library I wrote. You can find samples here:
http://www.massimocorner.com/validator/samples/index.htm

As far as I know, node.getAttribute() works fine on all browsers in such a
scenario.

Massimo Foti
Tools for ColdFusion and Dreamweaver developers:
http://www.massimocorner.com