[Javascript] problem with status line

Brian wobbly at optonline.net
Tue Aug 9 10:46:47 CDT 2005

Brian wrote:
> When I run this script in Camino 2005042806 (v0.8.4) the time is just
> time-stamped in the status line and it doesn't work at all in Firefox
> 1.0
> Any ideas?

On Aug 9, 2005, at 10:09 AM, Triche Osborne wrote:

Hi Brian,
	Can't help you with Camino, but in Firefox, check your preference
settings:
Tools => Options => Web Features => Enable JavaScript => Advanced

Be sure that the box next to "Change status bar text" is checked. If it
is unchecked, the script won't have permission to change the status
bar.

Triche

Thank you for your help Triche.  The status bar box was not checked.
Works fine now.

Just checked to see if that fix would work with Camino but under web
feature options it has the following check box:

	Prevent sites from changing status bar or window size/position.
Default is unchecked so there is still a problem that maybe someone
else has an answer for.

Thanks again.