[Javascript] reassign the script src attribute

Triche Osborne wdlists at triche-osborne.com
Thu Aug 18 11:29:49 CDT 2005

Mike Dougherty wrote:
> fyi - IE appears to not 're-read' the head section for DOM-inserted
> scripts.  So if you want to use this dynamic script trick, you have to
> insert into a child of the body.  Since Firefox doesn't seem to care
> where the scripts go, it seems x-compatible. (I only tested IE &
> Firefox, since this is an intranet app)

It's still a neat trick, even with that restriction. This is the sort of
thing I joined this list to learn about. My own clientele consists of
small, fairly prosaic business sites, so I rarely to run into
interesting problems like this, but I do enjoy learning and
problem-solving for its own sake.

Triche