[Javascript] Encoding Unicode characters in HTML

Judah Frangipane judah-fc at t8design.com
Thu Aug 18 14:29:38 CDT 2005

I know how a person can encode an ampersand in html. They use "&"
and this code is rendered by the browser into "&".

What I don't know is how to encode a unicode character. I am trying to
encode a bullet character. The keystroke is ALT+0149 as displayed here
•. There are many more unicode characters that I would like to let my
users use. How do I encode the characters so that the browser renders
them correctly?

var myTextField.value = "Me, myself & I.";

Best Regards,
Judah Frangipane