[Javascript] Newbie question

Shawn Milo Shawn at Milochik.com
Thu Dec 1 12:51:43 CST 2005

Schalk,

You're in luck. As it turs out, I threw something like this together just
last week. I have a page which I want to show only information for North
America, Europe, or Japan -- depending on the user's preference.

I just create objects with an ID ending in _na, _eu, or _jp. Then I use the
following code to make the magic happen. I hope you find it useful. I cut
out some extra stuff which has to do with cookies. You won't be needing it
for an order form, but I want my users to get what they want to see without
selecting it each time.

If anyone wants the cookie stuff, just let me know. I'm not withholding it
for any reason other than to make the remaining code as clear as possible.

Milo

      function customizePage(rbuc){

         for (x=0;x<document.all.length;x++){
            docID = document.all[x].id;

            //match on something ending in an underscore then two letters
            if (document.all[x].id.match(/^.*_[a-z]{2}$/)){

               //if it matches the rbuc passed to the function, make it
visible
               //else, make it invisible
               if (docID.substr(docID.length -2,2) != rbuc){
                  document.all[x].style.display = "none";
               }else{
                  document.all[x].style.display = "block";

      function defaultRBUC(){

         var rbuc = '';

         rbuc = readCookie('rbuc');

         if (rbuc == ''){