[Javascript] IE verses the option element onclick event

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Thu Dec 29 10:37:41 CST 2005

I just ran into this interesting non-feature of IE.  There is no onclick
event for an <option /> ( it looks like IE 6 and older ).

Being new to serious Javascript'in I haven't found any example code to
solve it.

My searching found some code that hints at the issue here.

http://www.lattimore.id.au/2005/07/01/select-option-disabled-and-the-javascript-solution/

What I'm trying to do is change an image next to the 'only' <select />
list in the document depending on which <option /> is selected.

Suggestions of where to look for a QaD answer of how to determine which
<option /> was selected when the onchange event fires for the <select />.

TIA,
Rod