[Javascript] select box question

tyson twenger at vltool.com
Thu Jan 6 14:01:27 CST 2005

Hi-
   When I add an item into my select box through javascript, I want
multiple blank spaces to be kept in the string that's being added.  For
some reason it only allows one blank space at a time. Here's my code-

document.forms[0].my_select_box.options[document.forms[0].my_select_box.length]
= new Option ('hello     hi')

There should be five spaces between the 'hello' and 'hi', but only one
blank space shows up in the select box.  I've tryed adding the spaces
with the char_code, that doesn't work.  I've also tryed adding spaces
with &nbsp, and that doesn't work.  Any help would be appreciated.