[Javascript] Determine operating system in javascript

visitus 04 visitus_04 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 12:33:10 CST 2005

Peter,

I am running scripts from DOS command prompt on Windows platform. I am using a JS engine called Rhino from mozilla that provides a javascript shell.

Is there a way to fetch environment variables from within the script?

Thanks.

Peter Brunone <peter at brunone.com> wrote:

    I don't know of anything Javascript-specific for this.  It usually depends on the environment where you are running the scripts; with most server platforms, there are environment variables that give you this kind of thing.  Are you running this on a web server, and if so (or even if not) what layer/application is the javascript running in?