[Javascript] closing IE window using javascript

Nalini. S. Pitchika nalinisreep at rediffmail.com
Tue Jan 11 14:43:05 CST 2005

Hi Everyone,

    I am sorry if another thread already exists on this subject. Here is what I am trying to do. I want to close the IE browser with "window.close" method in Windows 98 FE. However, a security warning "The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close this window? Yes|No " is popping up. Is there any possibility to close a window silently? I tried the following also, but it didn't help.

window.opener=top;
window.close();

On the whole, my html page is pretty simple -
<HTML>
<BODY >
</BODY>
</HTML>