[Javascript] (no subject)

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Fri Jan 14 05:52:49 CST 2005

Kim and Hakan,
On Jan 14, 2005, at 5:41 AM, Kim Hoogenberg wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>
> Every javascript window object has its own execution context. When
> some frame has loaded its script from a different hostname, protocol
> or webcontext, it may not read or write properties from/to another
> window object (i.e. frame) on the same page. This might be your
> problem. Can you tell me something more about frames you're using and
> the sources (URL's) that are loaded into it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kim
>
>> Hi Roger.
>>
>> I have had the same error message a number of times, it seems that
>> the little popup with previously filled in values is getting
>> permission errors becuase the state of the element is changed through
>> JavaScript and not by 'pure' user interaction.
>>
>> I'm afraid I have no real solution, I'll just advice you to wrap that
>> one line of code i a try-catch statement to avoid showing the error.
>>
>> To switch to the next element in tab order, I think you'll have to
>> run over all elements in the form.elements[]-array and look for
>> currentTabIndex+1, and then focus that element. Not sure, but that
>> would be my immidiate solution.

(sorry for the missing subject line, thats what I get for being in a
hurry)

Thank you for looking at my code.  I believe Hakan's answer is more 'on
point' given my situation.  Fortunately, the error message doesn't
alert the user or stop code execution, so I don't 'have' to do anything
about it, it just annoyed me.  I had a feeling I would need to read the
tabIndex attribute myself, but I was feeling lazy and hoping for an
easier way...

Thanks again.

Roger,

Roger Roelofs