[Javascript] I

Falls, Travis D (HTSC, CASD) Travis.Falls at thehartford.com
Wed Jul 6 10:06:19 CDT 2005

this is usually used in a for loop.  Example is

for(i=0; i<somecollection.length;i++){
	var x = somecollection[i];
}

now what is happening here is you have a counter "i" that is initialized to
0.  the collection (array for example) has a length associated with it.
This then lets you iterated over the collection increasing i each time.  The
i++ just means add one to i each time until i=>then length.  hth.

as for " By the way does this list accept and tolerate newbies posts... ?"
I have no idea what the official list policy is but as long as I think
someone is asking something to learn and not just to get their work done for
them I try and answer... that is when I know the answer and that isn't very
often.  ;-)  HTH

Travis D. Falls | Consultant   RAFT.Net   IT | 860.547.4070 |
travis.falls at thehartford.com