[Javascript] Thoughts on building form elements/similar divs

Glenn E. Lanier, II glenn_lanier at netzero.net
Wed Jul 6 16:22:54 CDT 2005

I am working on an application that allows the users to request an item be
mailed to various locations -- maybe only one place, maybe multiple places (up
to 8).

I have all 8 locations in separate divs (div1, div2, div3, etc). I hide div2-8
when the page is displayed, and only show them if user wants to add a location.

Contained in the location div is a select box with approximately 2300 items.
This means when the page is being loaded I am building 8 select boxes, and
transferring the same 8 select boxes.

Since I've done very little JavaScript coding, is there a way to create these
divs using JavaScript that will allow the page to load faster and not take
several seconds once the Add location link is selected?

Thanks,
Glenn