[Javascript] An image loader nearly working...

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Fri Jul 15 08:43:28 CDT 2005

Flavio,

On Jul 15, 2005, at 9:19 AM, Flavio Gomes wrote:

> Let me try to help too. ^^
> People, take a look at my example (attached)
>
> I changed the image to smaller one, on somebody elses' website to
> increase 'testing' speed. To retry the test 'fully' refresh the
> page. (Ctrl+F5 for IE, Shift+Ctrl+R for Gecko) worked fine on
> Mozilla and IE for me, please test it there.

Thanks for joining the discussion.  I like the simplicity of your
approach.  The only downside is that if javascript is turned off, but
css is on, the image will never be seen.

My original attempt was to put the image inside a noscript tag and
use javascript to extract the contents, and remove the noscript tag.
Unfortunately, some browsers don't write the noscript contents into
the dom tree.  So much for plan a!

The script has gotten more complicated than I like because I'm trying
to make sure the image always loads, no matter if css or js is on or
off.

Hope that makes sense.

Roger
Roger Roelofs                          web   www.datacompusa.com