[Javascript] Question - Page Load Feedback

Harvey A. Ramer harvey.ramer at designdelineations.com
Wed Jul 20 09:07:31 CDT 2005

I designed a web site does not provide feedback after a user clicks a link
that queries the db. The result is that the user wonders if anything is
happening. What is the simplest way I can approach this project using
Javascript? I'm not asking for a complete script, just how to research and
develop a solution. The URL is
http://67.15.98.86/tourism/lodging-dining/lodgingbandb/ and if you choose
another option under lodging you will see what I mean.

My initial thought is to provide a boolean variable from PHP for Javascript
to use as an event. When the boolean is on, the event triggers and an
animated gif appears. Is this the best way?

Thanks

Harvey Ramer