[Javascript] getElementsByTagName not working ???

Kim Hoogenberg kim.hoogenberg at virgil.nl
Thu Jul 21 08:30:00 CDT 2005

When the browser is parsing an html page and it is comming across a
<script> tag, it'll parse the contents immediately, because there can be
document.write('<span>bla</span>') like statements inside there that
need to be parsed at that point. So, when you need to access HTML
elements like the anchor you are trying, it must be parsed by the
browser at the time your script is fired.

Kim