[Javascript] disabled menus

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Tue Mar 1 00:08:35 CST 2005

Hi Chuck,

   First of all, this is a dropdown/listbox/select/etc.  If you keep calling it a "menu", you're going to confuse literal-minded people like me :)

   Second, I don't know that you can disable individual options in a select element (at least if you can, I've never heard how).  You'd do better just not adding it if you want to use this structure.

Cheers,

Peter

 Chuck Soper chucks at velofish.com

Hello,

I'm trying to display disabled menu items. I'm fairly new to
JavaScript, but I've seen disabled menu items implemented in
commercial JavaScript menu packages. I don't need all of the bells
and whistles of a commercial JavaScript menu, I just want to
selectively disable menu items. That is, I don't want to disable all
of the menu items in a given menu.

For example, I'd like to disable the third menu item on this page:
http://www.velofish.com/menu

Here is the JavaScript source:
http://www.velofish.com/menu/menuTest.js

Does anyone know of a way to do this?