[Javascript] RE:Microsoft.XMLHTTP

priya iyer priya_rajanga at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 09:59:47 CDT 2005

I make this function call in set time out dataDetailsFrame is a frame in which data is got. The problem is i have window.open at various places, whenever those windows are clicked they hang in ie can anyone tell me how this can be resolved
function doFetchDetails(){
loadFrameWith(window.dataDetailsFrame, 'detailsData.jsp?currPage='+currPage+'&index='+index+'&vehicleId='+pagesSummaryArray[currPage][index].vehicleId);
}

function loadFrameWith(theFrame, url, async) {
  var req;
  // Create a request object
  if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {
   // The browser natively supports XmlHTTPRequest
   req = new XMLHttpRequest();
  } else {
   // This is IE so we need to get the ActiveX object
   req = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
  }
  req.onreadystatechange = function(evt) {
   // Only take action when loading is complete
   // (readyState 4) and successfull (status 200)
   if((req.readyState == 4) && (req.status == 200)) {
    theFrame.window.location.replace('about:blank');
    theFrame.document.writeln(req.responseText);
    theFrame.document.close();
   }
  };
  if (!async) async=true;
  req.open("POST", url, true);
  req.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
  req.send();