[Javascript] regexp - how to exclude a substring

Alberto Domingo alberto.domingo at uah.es
Mon May 30 06:02:48 CDT 2005

//

Therefore as my next step I need to know how to exclude "</div" from the

innerHTML of the div.  I've tried (.*(<\/div){0}) but it doesn't seem to work.

1) How do I say "allow any number of any characters but don't allow this

substring"?

//

May be an stupid idea, but, I would try to first change the substring to
exclude to a single special character (for example |). Then you can do the
regxp search excluding that special character.

Alberto Domingo

Universidad de Alcalá
Departamento de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular
Edificio de Medicina
Campus Universitario
Alcalá de Henares - 28871
Madrid