[Javascript] Compare two dates

Laurent Muchacho elmuchacho at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 09:11:50 CDT 2005

Hi Olivier,

Found below the code describing how to check 2 dates.
The Variable "now" define the present time, the only thing you need to do is
substract the date you wish to check and if the difference is a negative
value then the date happen before.
I hope this help sorry my explanation is not really clear but I guess this
is what you are looking for.

var now = new Date();
var yesterday = new Date(2005,09,13,00,00,00);
var tomorrow= new Date(2005,09,15,00,00,00);

alert('now : ' + now + '\nyesterday : '  +  yesterday + '\ntomorrow : ' +
tomorrow);

alert((yesterday - now)+ '\n' + (tomorrow - now))

if((yesterday  - now)<0){

    alert('date tested as before now');

}

Laurent