Firefox (Was Re: [Javascript] Image follows mouse)

Triche Osborne wdlists at triche-osborne.com
Mon Sep 5 09:52:40 CDT 2005

Troy III Ajnej wrote:
> Sorry I've hurt your feelings about firefox. I still code using notepad and that
> of course should mean that I don't have a slight clue about coding, -but my
> first job & payment out of it came at March 1997.
>
> But after all, I was only trying to be helpfull, I'm sorry for that to...

What tool you code with (and whether or not you get paid for what you
do) has little to do with valid coding. I'm a handcoder by choice who
uses CNotePad, a no-frills plain text editor that handles larger files
than Notepad will accomodate. I produce W3C valid XHTML and CSS that
works in both Mozilla/Firefox and IE.
	If there is an argument to be made about Firefox, I would put it like
this: Why wouldn't you want your sites to work in a browser that
accounts for a little over 10% of the surfing public, especially when
W3C standard code will accomodate it 99% of the time? If you're building
only for a controlled environment like an intranet, that's one thing,
but if you're building public sites, particularly commercial ones, why
ignore potential customers?

Triche
(Baton Rouge, Louisiana for the curious ;-)