[Javascript] Alert user when leaving site - Simplified

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Mon Sep 12 10:56:28 CDT 2005

My boss wanted me to trap a user leaving uncommited data in a form.  "I don't want you to disable
the BACK button, just usurp it"  -- I told him that was wrong for many reasons.  If a user leaves
a page without hitting the submit button, they will learn that form submission won't work.  I made
the request rediculous to the Nth degree by suggesting that next management will want us to trap
the windows shutdown key via javascript and prevent the computer from being turned off - or
possibly preventing power failures while our site is being viewed....