[Javascript] Controling a SELECT from a child window

David Stoltz Dstoltz at SHH.ORG
Tue Sep 20 11:40:10 CDT 2005

Actually - everything works now except ADDING an option to the select
box (on the parent page)...the following fails:

window.opener.document.form1.mylist.options[window.opener.document.form1
.mylist.length] = new Option('yourText', 'yourValue');

So does this:

var opt = new Option('text', 'value');
var sel = window.opener.document.form1.mylist;
sel.options[sel.options.length] = opt;
window.opener.document.form1.mylist.options[window.opener.document.form1
.mylist.options.length] = opt;

Both give a "Server threw an exception" error...

Any ideas?

Perhaps you cannot add an item to a select box on a parent window?