[Javascript] 'Permission denied to get property HTMLDocument.write' error in Firefox

ivan lópez ivan at textzi.net
Tue Sep 27 13:13:20 CDT 2005

dear list,

I'm updating my vanity site and have run into some trouble with
Firefox. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong are appreciated : )

this is what I'm working on:

http://textzi.net/test/

Click the 'click' link. Then direct your browser to any place that
takes you outside of the frame set-up. Then go back to my page with the
'back' button of your browser.

This works fine with the browsers I've tested (Safari, Opera,
Explorer), except Firefox. It disables the 'click' link and, if the
link is pressed, it throws the following error:

Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property
HTMLDocument.write

The script that's triggered by the 'click' link is a bit long.
Basically, it uses the document.write method to nest frames in the top
frame.

In advance, thanks,

ivan