[Javascript] style on created div element

Laurent Muchacho elmuchacho at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 04:19:40 CDT 2006

Hi Michael,

On some occasion you will have to apply the style after the div is appended
to the document.
It did append to me before and this was the way to resolve it.

Try this

var Div = document.createElement("DIV");
 cell.appendChild(Div);
  Div.style.display = "none";

However on the examples below as you can see there is no difference bettwen
both
http://www.be-lovely.co.uk/examples/div/index.htm

An other reason might be that the created element will inherit the css style
from the parent object

Happy programming

Laurent