[Javascript] Best Practices

Triche Osborne wdlists at triche-osborne.com
Thu Apr 13 14:42:58 CDT 2006

I'm building an adaptable form for a scheduling application in which the
answer from a 3-5 button radio group determines whether or not the JS
generates a variable number of extra sets of compound date/time fields.
	To do this, I can either hide a single invisible template, then clone
the template, change the field names and show the resulting fields, or I
can generate the extra sets "from scratch."
	Is either method preferred? *

Triche Osborne

*Note: If it is material to the answer, the hidden field poses no
processing problems on the server side, nor does it require extra s-s
programming to ignore it. The remainder of the form consists of a single
text input, a textarea, the radio group and one compound date-time
field, so the hidden field is virtually immaterial to load time.