[Javascript] Best Practices

Triche Osborne wdlists at triche-osborne.com
Thu Apr 13 18:08:21 CDT 2006

Troy III Ajnej wrote:
> Not that my reasoning is the best,
> but my prefference, logically, would be
> to kind of write a "hardcoded html" whenever
> possible. That is, to write a totaly expanded
> layout of fields etc., and only than, douring
> the load complete event, either dissable or
> hide extended elements if neccessary!

If there was a known maximum, I'd probably do the same, given the
overall limited size of the form. However, the number of date/time
fieldsets is variable with no set max. Given that, I'd rather build in
the flexibility, especially since this application may be used by other
designer/developers, not just by my own clients. (With my own, I could
make a reasonable guess about a max, but I don't know what needs others
may have.)

Triche