[Javascript] IE 'css' menus

Triche Osborne wdlists at triche-osborne.com
Thu Apr 20 15:41:09 CDT 2006

Bill Moseley wrote:
> I'm now having problems with event bubbling.  Should this work in IE?
. . .
> Do people just not worry about those extra events on elements below
> the top-level <li>?

Sorry for the delay, but the short answer is that I don't know for sure
what other designers do, but I only deploy Suckerfish under a very
limited set of circumstances. Although I like its theory and applaud its
goals, it does have serious limitations. To me, its greatest restriction
is the lack of any sort of mouseout delay. Because of this, I've only
used it on a couple of sites and neither implementation was the sort
where event bubbling would cause a problem.
	My guess from comments I've heard on this and other lists regarding
these menus is that others have done much the same--restricted their use
to the situations for which they are suited and used other methods where
they aren't.

Triche