[Javascript] Memory leaks?

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Mon Apr 24 20:49:35 CDT 2006

Is it better to incorporate someone's library to manage closures, or to re-implement your code so
that closures are not required?  If you can make a strong enough case of why a closure is
unavoidable, then I would suggest that you already understand the nature of the problem well
enough to be able to execute your own closure management.  In every case where I have suspected
that my problem is related to a scope problem that would be easily solved using a closure I have
found that it is easier to eliminate the dependance on the closure than to write my own closure
management code.  (I dislike using others' code that I do not understand well)

... just a thought.