[Javascript] Mailto links -- formatting a message

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Wed Aug 2 20:55:26 CDT 2006

   Thanks Mark... though all of these seem to be server-side solutions (guess I should have specified that this is client-side only).

   Maybe the formatting won't matter to them.  Beats me why they want to do it this way...

   Flavio, if your test results are correct, then Outlook is the one mail client that *doesn't* take HTML...  odd but not impossible.

Thanks guys...

Peter

				From: "Mark Wonsil" wonsil at 4m-ent.com

> Is there any way to use a "mailto:" link (most likely by building the body
> content as a Javascript variable) to produce formatted text in the body?
> It's okay if this is an IE-only solution; it's for a MS-based intranet site
> with Outlook on all machines.

It's not Javascript but if it's an MS-based solution you want, here's one in
VBScript:

http://www.motobit.com/tips/detpg_send-email-from-asp/

Mark W.