[Javascript] JS Marquee Scroller Question

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Thu Aug 3 00:35:43 CDT 2006

Paul,

On Aug 2, 2006, at 10:16 PM, Paul Novitski wrote:

>> On Aug 2, 2006, at 6:33 PM, tedd wrote:
>>> The demo is at:
>>> http://xn--ovg.com/marquee
>>>
>>> It works on my Mac in Safari and FireFox. IE get's it wrong, but
>>> what's new there? Opera continues to have problems with several
>>> things.
>

> At 06:22 PM 8/2/2006, Roger Roelofs wrote:
>> Did you change the page since this email?  the page now only works in
>> ie win/mac because it uses the marquee element which no other browser
>> supports.
>

> Roger, Tedd's marquee works just fine in Firefox 1.5 on my Win XP Pro
> machine.
>
> According to this source:
> http://www.drostdesigns.com/html-marquee-codes-create-easy-scrolling-
> images/
> there's actually considerable browser support:

Sorry for the mis-information.  Thanks for the link.  I re-checked in
Safari1.3 and Opera9, Camino and the latest SeaMonkey and they all
worked fine.  Oddly though, I can only get it to work for me in ff 1.5
if I remove the doctype, or choose 'edit css' from the web developer
toolbar, and even then it works oddly.  It's making me wonder if I have
some firefox preference corruption since the gecko rendering engine
seems to handle it just fine.

Sorry for the red herring and thanks again for the correction.
--
Roger Roelofs
Datacomp Appraisal Services