[Javascript] copying dynamic object

suresh kumar asureshkumar_1983 at yahoo.co.in
Sun Aug 6 03:57:15 CDT 2006

Hi,
     tnxs for ur response.I want the properties of the child node to be assigned to parent node without using appendchild() and replaceChild() and removeChild() functionality.is there any other functionality to achieve this task.thanxs for reponse

Scott Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> wrote:
  On Aug 5, 2006, at 5:04 AM, suresh kumar wrote:

> //oDis.appendChild(this.picObj); /*i dont want this
> method*/
> /*i tried this 2 methods but its not working*/
> oDis=picObj;
> oDis=picObj.cloneNode(true);

If I'm understanding your question, I think you want something like
this:

oDis.parentNode.replaceChild( picObj , oDis );

Peace,
Scott