[Javascript] JS Marquee Scroller Question

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sun Aug 6 09:07:15 CDT 2006

At 12:25 AM -0400 8/6/06, Roger Roelofs wrote:
>Tedd,
>
>>At 4:42 PM +0000 8/3/06, Troy III Ajnej wrote:
>>>In that case you should throw away the "marquee" tag
>>>turn to javascript based solution. Seems to me that the proposed
>>>Roger Roelofs
>>>and Chris Heilmann approach should work in most browsers even if
>>>heavily CSS dependable: why don't you try it?
>>
>>Yep, I tried it.
>>
>>-snip-
>
>This seemed like an interesting 'day off' project, so I had a go at
>something a little closer to your requirements.

-snip- most impressive and working code.

Roger:

Outstanding code -- worked without any problems "as-was"!  See demo at:

http://xn--ovg.com/marquee/index4.php

As you addressed, I put the overflow back to "hidden" to hide the
scrollbar because it looked rather odd in that didn't work unless js
was disabled. I'm in a quandary, as many are, as to how to handle js
disabled browsers -- I haven't made up my mind as to IF I should
address it or not. It will probably be on a basis of complexity (how
easy to solve the problem).

It worked on the browser you mentions and I shall keep track of the
reports I get on non-mac environments.

In any event, your solution works great!

I shall add it to my list of solutions -- many thanks for your time
and effort. If there is anything I can do for you, (everyone's skill
set's are different) please let me know.

tedd

--
-------