[Javascript] Code optimization

Terry Riegel riegel at clearimageonline.com
Thu Aug 17 08:33:56 CDT 2006

> Hi Terry,
>
> Ah, now I remember, you're the one building the wonderful file
> manager in JavaScript.
>
> Separating your js from html isn't difficult, but will require
> recoding.
>
> Here's a bit of your core code:
>

> ...snip...
>

> Regards,
> Paul

Paul,

Thanks for all the time you took in sending me help. I have
implemented most of your suggestions, I still need to get the code
into an external js file, but I wanted to let you and everyone know
my web based file manager is about 6 times faster due in part to
server side optimizations and due in part to the tips of this group.
I had a folder with 352 files in it. On the old system the html was
119664 bytes (over 120kb), on the new system the html for the exact
same directory is 18881 bytes (just at 19kb).

Thanks again,

Terry Riegel