[Javascript] UTF-8 and AJAX

Peter Lauri lists at dwsasia.com
Tue Aug 22 11:14:51 CDT 2006

Hi Group,

Ok, I learned AJAX quickly, and see the advantage of using it in Web
Application. So I am giving a try to create a small application with AJAX.
Everything has been working smoothly except one thing, and that is the darn
UTF-8 that drives me nuts. I have a Thai client, so all must be done with
UTF-8.

The web site is set with charset utf-8, and all have been working when using
regular forms and just posting the data to the database.

This is what I want to do:

1.	User fills out a form with Thai text, clicks submit, and the data
should be pushed into the database
2.	When that is completed, someone else will retrieve the data from the
database, and then with AJAX display it

It works fine if I submit with traditional method, and then just get the
data with AJAX. But when I try to do both with AJAX, it dies.

I am using the 'get' version of this, maybe that is not workable? Should I
use the 'post' version? I am a little bit confused.

/Peter