[Javascript] Control the window

Glenn E. Lanier, II glenn_lanier at netzero.net
Wed Aug 30 15:09:15 CDT 2006

  _____

From: Peter Brunone
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 11:04 AM

> > The only real reason for this is that I do not want them to
> > use the back button when the system have posted information, they then
get
> > the "page has expired" message.

> I use the following line in each of my pages -- seems to work
cross-browser
> (IE6/Netcape/Firefox) and is exactly what the client wanted (not that I
like
> it myself!).
>
> window.history.forward(1);

   Will that even work if the page hasn't loaded because of the "Expired"
message?

[G>] Peter, this may work for me because I have a timeout set on my pages --
any bookmarking returns a fairly generic "Start from here" page.

All that line does is display the next page in history -- if you start a
fresh browser session and work through five pages that all have that line,
then going back to any of them will essentially display the last one (page
5).

HTH.

--G