[Javascript] Prevent expired POST results (Was: Control the window)

Nick Fitzsimons nick at nickfitz.co.uk
Wed Aug 30 19:52:45 CDT 2006

On 30 Aug 2006, at 23:47, Chris Double wrote:

> On 8/30/06, Scott Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> wrote:
>> I solve this problem by redirecting POST to GET.
>
> This is a good apprach, I do it as well. It's more generally known as
> the 'Post/Redirect/Get Pattern':
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post/Redirect/Get

And may I be the first to point out that my earlier suggestion to use
HTTP's "301 moved permanently" is a really bad idea, as it would
potentially prevent people from ever submitting a form to the
original address again. (I really shouldn't give advice on HTTP when
my head's full of XSLT and CSS.)

Apologies to those who've just broken their web apps through my
advice :-(

Nick
--
Nick Fitzsimons