Quoting others (Re: [Javascript] DOM vs AJAX et al).

David Merchant merchant at LATECH.EDU
Wed Jun 21 13:20:42 CDT 2006

>You know, I just don't think 12 lines is that big of a deal. After all,

Large posts are not bad, often it takes many lines to effectively pose a
problem or question, or to properly answer it. The main point suggested is
that maybe we could be a _little_ less liberal in our quoting. 12 extra
lines is not a big deal, normally, but when someone is on digest, there can
be several posts included in one digest, and if all the posts included are
full of bountiful quoting, that can be a big deal (IMHO).

So, don't hesitate to ask questions that need a lot of words to be
effectively presented, and don't hesitate to give thorough answers, even if
they are lengthy. Just try to trim where one can. That's all I was suggesting.

Regards,
David

--
Director of Integrated Technology