[Javascript] Re: sounds IE tested worikng!

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sat Jun 24 10:50:09 CDT 2006

>All right, this is not exactly how I proposed this,
>but here is a solution that can make it  work with "all"
>(Thinking out of my "Old Box")
>
>-snip-
>
>While the method you've chosen is more universal, it lacks the accuracy of controlling its behavior.
>Yet in other hand, using a player will give you more control and behavior reliability but will require
>that users not having installed the certain player to download and install several MB just to hear your page talk some numbers. But it's a good trade-off, simplicity & universality against robust complicated & system dependant solution, -id go for it.
>
>P.S.: This code is tested on IE only! But should work the same in most of the major browsers
>Troy III

Troy:

Thanks very much for your code and effort.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get it to work for any of the browsers at my disposal (all Mac) -- it's probably my fault due to my inexperience at js. In any event, the test can be found at:

http://xn--ovg.com/snd/index2.php

However, you have given me something to think about, which is waiting for the server to be ready before sending it commands to play stuff. I think this may require an ajax solution.

Off to study that.

Thanks again.

tedd