[Javascript] Re: sounds

Paul Novitski paul at juniperwebcraft.com
Sat Jun 24 16:09:05 CDT 2006

At 09:10 AM 6/24/2006, tedd wrote:
> >In IE 6.0, the numbers are spoken in sequence but with longer
> pauses between them than in Firefox.  Then, however, I get three
> overlapping alerts: "Click to run an ActiveX control on this
> webpage"; when I click them the numbers are repeated -- in reverse
> order (two, eight, one) because they're stacked
> sequentially.  Perhaps you don't need ActiveX to speak the numbers in IE?
> >
> >Paul
>

>Yeah, there's a lot I have to learn about how to communicate with
>servers. It's interesting to think that commands sent are not
>received nor processed in order -- a different critter.

Tedd,

Because the sounds were repeated in exactly reverse order, my
imagined model is this:  the sounds were initially actived in the
correct order, but each event issued an error dialog which, when
clicked on, repeated its corresponding sound.  I didn't start
clicking on the error dialogs until all three sounds had
activated.  Because the error dialogs stacked first-in-last-out
order, the top-most dialog I clicked on was for the third
sound.  Clicking it repeated sound 3 and disappeared, revealing error
dialog 2.  Clicking on dialog 2 repeated sound 2 and disappeared,
revealing dialog 1...  This looks to me like a characteristic of
client-side window behavior, not of client-server communication.

Paul