[Javascript] Questions about document.readyState

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sun Jun 25 11:34:57 CDT 2006

At 3:43 PM +0100 6/25/06, Nick Fitzsimons wrote:
>Note that it's a non-standard property, so non-Microsoft browsers are under no obligation to support it, or to have it work the same way. The above code shows different results in Internet Explorer for Windows (v. 6) and Opera (v. 8.5), but shows no result at all in Firefox 1.5.

Nick:

If "readyState" is the non-standard property, what's the equivalent "standard" property?

In other words, how do you do the same thing in other browsers? I want to know when the other browsers are done doing whatever they do so I can send them a command.

This is sounding a bit like ajax, is it along the same lines?

Thanks.

tedd