[Javascript] Re: sounds IE tested working!

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Wed Jun 28 09:45:03 CDT 2006

Steve said:

>As mentioned before: http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager/
>should do the job in most browsers including FF, Safari 1.3+, Opera 9.

Yes, and I visited that link. Oddly enough, I couldn't get anything to play and normally with a Mac, everything works. So, I dismissed the site.

However, when I revisited the site after your recent post, I discovered that everything works and validates -- so, I'm off again to figure out why and IF I can use it for what I'm doing. Interesting that the sound didn't work and it now does and the sound-loop from their site eventually ends.

> > Pity, firefox is pushing Ajax instead of pushing standards move forward.

What I find is a pity is that some of these browser developers put out numerous versions in quick order without fully testing. In some versions they will properly handle a css instruction and then break it in next and then fix it again in the next. It makes for a nightmare in the css world to accommodate all browsers.

Thanks for the link.

tedd