[Javascript] JSpell implementation help.

James Conley Conleyj at kubota-kma.com
Wed Mar 1 10:39:28 CST 2006

Based on the at the FAQ on their website I would guess that it's even a
bit more intelligent than that. It sounds like a slick algorithm :

http://www.thesolutioncafe.com/jspell-spell-checker-faq.html#howitworks

How does JSpell work?

JSpell takes a block of text from either a GUI component or another
source (an HTML Form, for example) and extracts individual words. JSpell
then validates these words against a small in memory dictionary and then
checks any words that were not found against either a disk based or
network based dictionary (depending upon which version of the software
you are using).

james c