[Javascript] Two Actions with one form

Paul Novitski paul at novitskisoftware.com
Sun Mar 26 15:26:44 CST 2006

At 12:51 PM 3/26/2006, Del Wegener wrote:
>Upon submission of a form I would like two actions to happen:
>action="/cgi-bin/bizdb-aed.cgi"      to put the contents of the form
>in a database
>action=https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
>
>How do I accomplish this?
>
>I am guessing JavaScript -- that's why I tried this list.

Del,

I don't know of a way to insert data in a database using JavaScript,
which is prevented from writing to files on the client computer for
security reasons and has no way to write to files on the server
because it's running on the client.

I'd say what you want to do is submit your form to a server-side
script (PHP etc.) that writes values to the database then redirects
to the destination page.

Regards,
Paul