[Javascript] dom question

Nick Fitzsimons nick at nickfitz.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 14:22:59 CST 2006

Falls, Travis D (HTSC, CASD) wrote:
> I am WAY more of a server side programmer; I code C++, java, and C# all day.  I am looking
> for more information on what is DOM programming with JavaScript and what the best practices
 > around it are.  Any links would be appreciated.  Thanks
>
> Travis D. Falls | Consultant   RAFT.Net   IT | 860.547.4070 | travis.falls at thehartford.com

Hi Travis,

As well as the tutorial links alredy sent by others, you'll definitely
not regret spending some time reading the DOM standards:
<http://www.w3.org/DOM/DOMTR#dom1>

Also, you'll find a debugger a very handy tool for getting an
understanding of what's happening to the DOM tree as your code
manipulates it: for Firefox there's the excellent Venkman debugger, and
if you have Visual Studio.NET (which you probably do if you work with
C#) then its debugger is very good for debugging JS in Internet Explorer.

Regards,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons