[Javascript] Show and hide multiple div tags

Cutter (JS Related) java.script at cutterscrossing.com
Tue May 9 06:09:37 CDT 2006

Or, say you are populating your page via some server-side language
(ColdFusion is my choice) and outputting x number of articles to the
page. You would have some sort of record count for the number of
articles you are outputting, and you can pass this to your js function,
along with the article you wish to 'show'. (None of this is tested, so
it might require some tweaking.) Something along these lines:

/*  If you consistently name your articles 'article1,article2,etc.'
     then it becomes very easy to 'show' one element, while hiding
     any others whic may be displayed. For this function, just pass
     in the number of the article to display (artNum) and the total
     count (artCount) of how many articles you have on display */
function showHide(artNum,artCount){
      for(i=1;i<=artCount;i++{
           artID = 'article' + i;
           article = document.getElementById(artID);
           if(i != artNum){
                if(article.style.display == 'block')
                     article.style.display = 'none';
           else
                article.style.display = 'block';

-----
Then you would have your articles:

-----
Something like that, anyway. Hope it helps.

Cutter
_______
http://blog.cutterscrossing.com