[Javascript] Is integer?

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Tue May 30 18:24:19 CDT 2006

At 11:20 PM +0200 5/30/06, liorean wrote:
>On 29/05/06, tedd <tedd at sperling.com> wrote:
>>PS: Did you know that this year (2006) we even added a leap second --
>>you don't even want to know the computations for that.
>
>No computations in the world can help you with that. Leap seconds are
>added or removed based on astronomical observations, not based on any
>computation you can do in script. They're a way to resync atomic time
>with astronomical reality.
>--
>David "liorean" Andersson

David :

They may not use an algorithm in the traditional sense, but they most certainly use computations. How else would they know when to add a leap second? Do you believe it's like "Hey dude, I think we should add a leap second this year because last year felt a little short?" No, there is a lot of computation involved.

I'm pretty aware of the problems surrounding this measurement.

tedd