[Javascript] Avoid multiple onclick

Paul Novitski paul at juniperwebcraft.com
Tue Nov 7 17:30:34 CST 2006

At 11/7/2006 11:06 AM, Guillaume wrote:
>This is perfectly working... This function will work once only...
>However how do I allow that function to run again once another
>function has been called ?
>
>var bInitialized = false;
>        function DoSomething()
>        {
>                        if (bInitialized) return;
>                bInitialized = true;

>        }
>

>        function DoSomethingElse()
>        {
>                       // Need to re-enable the function above to run again

>        }

Guillaume,

Since bInitialized is a global variable, you can set it to true or
false at any point in your logic.  To free the DoSomething() function
again, simply execute:
         bInitialized = false;
in another function.

If more of your functions have these on/off switches, you might
consider creating custom objects in which the function is a method
and the on/off switch is a public property.

Regards,
Paul