[Javascript] dynamically hide an element

Flávio Gomes flavio at economisa.com.br
Wed Nov 29 07:25:28 CST 2006

  What I'm going to talk is css related, but I believe it fits in the topic:

  If you set display to none the element disappears, period.

  But when you want it to be shown again you have to take care on which
of the options to take, inline or block.

  If you set it to "block" it'll create a line break after and before
the selected element. For a DIV that wouldn't be a great problem, but
for an image or a form element It'd be.