[Javascript] Knowing wich function called another function within the code of the latter.

Loïc loic_sephiroth at yahoo.es
Fri Sep 1 03:37:17 CDT 2006

[quote="Matt Warden"]
The only thing I know of is arguments.caller, which was deprecated in
JS1.3.
[/quote]
Thank you for your answer, Matt. I've searched the topic, but it is
indeed a deprecated method, and therefore i can't use it. I also
realized that the arguments.caller would return the body element, since
the include functions are called as a global method (recall the Main.js
file) to a Class file, so it wouldn't have served me as i expected.

Well, i'll try a different approach to solve the problem. The only way i
can think of now, is to pass the qualified name of the Class to the
include method, but i find it an ugly thing to write and read.