[Javascript] I have hit a brick wall

Terry Riegel riegel at clearimageonline.com
Thu Sep 7 10:33:44 CDT 2006

Thanks Jonathan,

That works for the array, but I need to swap out the objects
represented by the ID. I need soemthing similar to the swapNodes()
function you wrote yesterday.

This is my humble (non-working) attempt so far.

function rippleNodes(a,k)
{
    var placeHolder = document.createElement(k);
    var i=document.getElementById(a[0])
    for (x=0; x<a.length; x++)
     {
     if (x==0)
      {
       i.parentNode.replaceChild(placeHolder,i)
      }
     else
      {
       var n=document.getElementById(a[x])
       var n1=document.getElementById(a[x-1])
       n.parentNode.replaceChild(n1,n)
    placeHolder.parentNode.replaceChild(i, placeHolder);
}

Terry